Why should you Volunteer?
Make a difference in your community
Help Homebound Seniors in Eau Claire County
Be challenged to learn something new
Explore a career path & personal interest
Share your skills and be connected with the community
How to Volunteer
Aging & Disability Resource Center has numerous opportunities to give back to the local community! Click on the graphic below to view the job description, qualifications, and time commitments.
- Apply Here, fill out and submit the application easily online.
- You will be contacted about your volunteer preferences to set up an orientation.
- All Aging & Disability Resource Center Volunteers are subject to a background check before placement volunteering. (National Sex Offender Registry, & Criminal and Caregiver Background, some Volunteer positions require valid Driver's License and Car Insurance).
Orientation and Training
Welcome! Orientation and Training will consist of the following (subject to change based on your volunteer job)
- Phone or In-Person Interview
- Volunteer Welcome/Orientation Packet
- Orientation Video (only available for Meals on Wheels)
- In-person meeting 10 minutes - 1 hour (time varies for each program)
- Driver Orientation (for Meals on Wheels only)
- Pass a criminal/caregiver background check
Scheduling and Mileage
- To update your regular schedule, sign up for open Volunteer Opportunities, or input your mileage online click here.
- To input your mileage via mail click and print the following form: Mileage Reimbursement